stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

1.24.2007

word of the day

boston mike gave me this book for my birthday one year:

i know! awesome of him! anyway, it was a fabulous book except, like all books, it eventually ended. in the spirit of continued education, i thought i'd start feeding words of the day from one of my favorite sites in the universe, www.dictionary.com.

and so here goes the first in what i am hoping will be an ongoing enrichment of all our collective sponge-brains.

inscrutable \in-SKROO-tuh-buhl\, adjective:

difficult to fathom or understand; difficult to be explained or accounted for satisfactorily; obscure; incomprehensible; impenetrable.

britney spears' inscrutable actions over the past few months have had people scratching their heads and rolling their eyes.

but worse than spears' actions is the inscrutable decision of tabloid and gossip providers to keep reporting on her trashiness. moreso, the scrutable result has been people vomiting in their mouths, a little. and by "people," i mean, "me."

see side panel for daily "word of the day" link.



No comments: