stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

1.22.2007

rage me silly!

the rumors are TRUE!



rage will reunite!

"Organizers of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival have announced the bulk of this year's line-up, and formerly-disbanded politico-hard rockers Rage Against the Machine will be one of the festival's headlining acts. RATM, who split in 2000, will play alongside other confirmed headliners Red Hot Chili Peppers and Icelandic chanteuse Bjork April 27-29 at Indio, CA's Empire Polo Field. The Arcade Fire, Interpol, Air, the Happy Mondays, Rufus Wainwright, and the Decemberists are among the biggest acts confirmed. for [more].

one of my fondest college memories was the RATM concert at the target center in minneapolis my senior year. not only was it one of my first concerts where i was actually drinking age, but come on, RAGE in the flesh? it really doesn't much more hardcore than that. i vividly remember standing on the edge of the mosh pit while aaron got his mosh on, and then suddenly i noticed MY BROTHER jumping over the 2nd floor balcony and getting swallowed up in the mosh madness. it was surreal. i didn't even know he was going to be there. luckily, all parties emerged alive and intact. i had the distinct honor of being the beer b*tch for not only aaron, but for my brother and assorted underage friends that miraculously kept finding me in the middle of all sorts of craziness.
yeah i contributed to minor drinking. what?


anyway! i loves me some RATM, can't wait to see zach back in action.


coachella me?!


thanks to jason m for the hot tip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean Zack's not dead after all?
I was never much for their music, especially the songs where he says the same line 12 times in a row before going to the next one.