i volunteered to work because, mostly, i'm a giant kiss-ass. additionally, it means that i get a free day off on the day of my choosing. i also got to get into the new digs early and stake my claim, so maybe there was a full-blown strategy behind what looked like me gettin browns on my nose from the outside.
does that even make any sense?
anyhoo, i aim to focus on the negatives because i'm a cynical curmudgeon who resists change. and so here they are:
- my commute has increased by 400%. oh sure....my previous commute was only 5 minutes, but whatever. 20 minutes feels like a year in comparison.
- my new ID badge has a picture of "me" on it, but for some reason "me" looks like a meth-addicted buttah face
- additionally, the ID does not give me access to my floor. so therefore, not only is it scary, it's useless
- the big drawer of my desk is locked and the keys have gone missing. they will never be found, this i know in the bottom of my soul.
- my new office is approximately on the opposite end of the universe from my all favorite co-workers. i have yet to make sense of the politics behind this, but i'm suspicious that all the "fun" i was causing at the old place is to blame
ok, so that was the bad. in fact, i have saved the best for last. because, indeed, there are some goods.
- there's a giant grassy quad that makes me feel like i'm in college again
- except, with more money
- and less house parties
- in this quad, some of my favorite restaurants including one with a WINE BAR
- hello? a wine bar on "campus." it doesn't much get better than that.
- coffee bean in the quad, coffee bean across the street, starbucks on the level between parking and our office building
- i will never, ever be deprived of a caffeine fix
- giant shopping center with one of the better movie theaters in town? two blocks away, b*tches.
- shoe shine in the building
- not that i um, ever shine my shoes. but it's good to know i COULD IF I WANTED TO
- i have a lovely view of the hollywood sign. in case i ever forget where i am...
and i guess maybe that concludes the positives.
anyway, the best news of all is that we are in a temporary space until february. at that point, we will be moving AGAIN. into the building next door, and onto the 13th floor.
dont. be. jealous.