stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

10.17.2007

aaron kicked my ass.

i'm usually all about competition. but this usually only serves to make me happy when i like, win.

so when i am suddenly finding myself looking over at aaron's treadmill and seeing that he is running 8 miles per hour while i'm only running 6.8, i start to get a little, um, irritated. and at some point, even though i crank up my speed to 7.5 miles per hour (a little bit way too fast for a 10-mile run, but whatever) i realize i am not going to catch up, well then, i cry a little.

aaron's 10 mile run: 81 minutes.
my 10 mile run: 87 minutes.


ps. i don't recommend running 10 miles on the treadmill if you have a busy gym. those people "waiting" for us to finish were creeping me out. like, stop staring at my slower-than-aaron's time already, b*tches.

1 comment:

MD said...

I think it's time to knock aaron down a notch.

Sure, you could do juvenile things like train harder or do better, but that won't really satisfy you, will it?

You know what you need to do, cut his achilles.