stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

1.23.2008

work it.

so everyone was pretty depressed yesterday, what with the shocking and very sad news of heath ledger's passing. since i work on the movie business and everything in my life pretty much revolves around acting and actors and such, it actually does hit you pretty hard in the gut when something like this happens. not to mention that i actually partied at heath & michelle's pad one time, but that's a whole 'nother story for 'nother time.

read this if you want to get teary-eyed like moi.

so anyway, there was a scheduled "karaoke party" for our company which involved the following extremely important words: OPEN BAR. generally, in times of sadness, i like to drown my sorrow with a nice stiff vanilla vodka & soda drink. and the more free they are? the more i like to drown my sorrow. so 6:30pm found me sitting near the karaoke stage, with one lovely cocktail, two greasy quesadillas and one chicken finger in front of me. and so it went.

i was all about "not singing" for most of the evening. but when you have a LINE of free drinks sitting in front of you and people PRESSURING you (OH GOD THE PRESSURE) all night, well, one just becomes weak at some point. and last night? that weakness translated into one REALLY SUPER AWESOME dual peformance with steven to the tune of missy elliot's WORK IT.

i highly recommend singing the following lyrics in front of co-workers, colleagues and random college students when you want to "drown your sorrows":


Love the way my ass go bum-bum-bum-bum
Keep your eyes on my bum-bum-bum-bum-bum
And think you can handle this gadong-a-dong-dong
Take my thong off and my ass go vroom
Cut the lights on so you see what I could do
come to think of it, i actually DO NOT recommend this action in a time of mourning. because it will no doubt result in a major headache the day after.
but seriously.
RIP, heath

1 comment:

Still Born said...

i'm pretty sure it's 'badonka-donk-donk'