stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

1.16.2008

the first rule about yoga club.

so I “discovered” a new yoga experience (via my sister-in-law) that is invite-only and happens in a top secret location in a very non-descript location in Beverly Hills and is 90-minutes of high-intensity business, lit by candles. you have to be on a “list” to get in and only 6-7 people can participate on any given night (my particular yogi teaches Wed nites, but don’t get any crazy ideas, you can’t come or anything).

the feeling of going to this class is much like the feeling I used to get whenever I used to go visit the SUSHI NAZI ....picture seinfeld's soup nazi, with a sushi knife!...

so there is this looming feeling of OH SHIT I DON’T WANT TO SCREW UP LEST I BE BOOTED OUT OF THIS MOST AWESOME EXCLUSIVE YOGA CLASS AND/OR SUSHI JOINT.


(i still have flashbacks to the sushi chef angrily saying PLEASE NO SAY, SPICY TUNA! and then feeding us mystery sashimi and laughing at us whilst we ate it! turns out, it was SHARK. true story!)

I know I appear to be 100% class to those of you who don’t actually know me in real life (ps, HI MOM!) but actually, I’m pretty much a bull in a china shop. so I gets a little nervous when I go to this fancy class. which, when you think about it, kinda defeats a little of the purpose of yoga. what i mean is, YOGA IS MEANT TO RELAX THE BRAINS. not scramble them into a nervous frenzy.

anyway, nervousness or not, I pretty much rocked that class and even hovered in side crow, for like, SECONDS.






I know? right? too much awesome. and I even got invited back, so it turns out maybe... i AM A-list material. yoga club.

gumby ain't got nothin' on me.

ps. I finished the 2nd half of last night’s bottle of wine, case you was wonderin’. what, you didn’t think I DRANK THE WHOLE BOTTLE on a Tuesday night, did you? because I can see myself drinking the whole bottle on a Thursday, but a TUESDAY? didn’t I just mention HOW CLASSY I AM? (I’m classy!)







[source]

1 comment:

rockinraquel said...

i love how u look so calm in the yoga pic! :D