stuff about where I live and play, and maybe some stuff about where I work and play.

11.06.2010

FML

no, not really.

i woke up early yesterday, maybe a bit hungover. but it was OK because really all i had to do for the first part of my day was get on a plane and fly home to los angeles.

but the events leading up to potentially being slightly hungover were as follows:

1. i was invited (last minute) to the super exclusive client dinner to celebrate the end of the project i've been KILLING myself over for the past few months

2. even though i was super f*cking exhaused and not wanting to do anything but zombie out in front of the teevee in my hotel room while mindlessly finishing some workstuffs, i comitted to rallying for said dinner

3. found out just as i was leaving the convention hall that OOPS just kidding, they were overbooked for the dinner and i could come for drinks, but unless someone cancelled, couldnt stay for dinner

4. hai, no thanks, bai.

5. i boarded some random shuttle at the convention center than seemed to be taking me more or less close to my hotel.

6. only, it was dropping me off on 47th and my hotel was on 42nd.

7. it was raining, did i mention this? and, i was carrying my laptop, but no umbrella. and i had a hooded coat on, but it was wool. since i'm allergic to wool anyway, there's only one thing worse than regular wool.

8. it's wet wool, case you was a wondering.

9. OK SO. i had to walk 5 blocks (NBD, but ugh) to my hotel in the rain with a wool coat on with nothing to protect my laptop.

10. oh, but before i forget, i had decided somewhere along this shuttle ride that i would text one of my favorite NY coworkers and take him up on his earlier offer of meeting up later in CASE i didn't end up at the client dinner

11. realized i had texted his old number when i got a call from "him" and it was someone random that said "please stop texting me! i'm not your friend"

12. and then.

13. i was like, this is probably a sign, i should just go to hotel and embark on plan A: zombie in front of teevee, doing workstuffs.

14. but the part of me that still has life in me, said EFF THAT NOISE YOU ARE GOING OUT TO CELEBRATE THE FACT THAT THIS PROJECT WAS INDEED A SUCCESS AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO ZOMBIE!

15. so then i emailed aforementioned favorite coworker, and, within minutes, he had agreed to meet me in TIMES SQUARE of all places (he was in soho) and i was like, OK there we go. but moment after that, I got REINVITED to the super exclusive client dinner.

UM, NO.

16. so i met my fav coworker at chez josephine and had a THREE HOUR DINNER that was so much awesome and so delicious and i was SO GLAD i made that choice to go out vs. stay in.

16a. for posterity: dinner included sweet potato fries, lobster salad, steak tartar and (3) glasses of sauv blanc

17. we parted ways at 10p and i was still a little bit in the mood to hang out before calling it a night, so as i got to the hotel, i happened to ride up in the elevator to the lobby with a fun group of slightly rowdy people who were heading to the hotel bar.

18. so i headed to the bar "with" them after having a friendly chat in the elevator.

19. i bellied up to the bar by myself, but was soon surrounded by the aforementioned lively bunch of fun people, and soon they revealed that they were the cast of the new "spiderman" musical and drinks were on them.

20. OK!

21. so i had a few and had some fun conversations and then soon, i realized, HOLY SHIT, i'm F*CKING tired. so then i decided to call it a night at about midnightish and headed back to my hotel room.

22. whew.

23. then i called aaron, my sister and maybe my bank.

24. 1a-ish? i called it a night. but was up again at 6a-ish? and then 7a-ish? and then i was headed to the airport with a heavy head but a lighter soul.





and that was that.





tomorrow, you will probably hear the events of last night. to preview:



1. delicious dinner at arashi

2. private practice viewing with aaron and his momma

3. hereafter viewing at the regal (maybe i fell asleep for a second, don't tell anyone)

4. a glass of wine

5. FINALLY, somesweetsexysleep









actually, that was it.



so tomorrow, maybe i will talk about today? stay tuned FOR WAY MORE EXCITING ADVENTURES.!!!





!!!

No comments: