since then, ive successfully completed a 12-mile run (alone, i might add, as aaron was doing his play) and a 14-mile run. so i'm feeling apprehensive, but fairly excited, about my upcoming 16-miler this friday.
in addition to a delirious sense of certainty, i also have the following items accompanying my on my big run:
- (1) husband of hearty fortitude
- (1) BRAND NEW VIDEO iPOD NANO in silver, natch
- (1) hot new playlists on above-mentioned nano (courtesy of husband)
- (1) sexy knee strap to alleviate IT band inflamation
- (3) different types of energy items (not all will be consumed at once)
- (1) bottle of accelerade
- (1) new pair of asics (2000 series)
- (8) capsules of Vitamin I (ibruprofen, that is)
- (1) renewed sense of confidence
so i guess, if nothing else, i am good at buying stuff to make myself feel better about myself.