i don't want to brag or anything, but i've flown across the pond THREE WHOLE TIMES in my life, which makes me somewhat of an expert jet-setting type of person. not really, but let's pretend. aaron has a very sad, empty passport which bears no stamps, not even one. which translates to: aaron has really never left the country. unless you count those trips to tijuana, and really, you'd have to remember them to count them. am i right? am i right? haw!
so, he's doing the backpacking thingfor TWO WHOLE WEEKS, which requires resourcefulness and the ability to live like a hermit crab for quite a bit of time. he keeps coming up with these, um, "ideas" ...
- I'm going to buy underpants, and then throw them away! So that I don't have to wash them! [ok to be fair, he doesn't call them underpants. but i think it sounds funny, so I do. but really. buying underpants just to throw them away so that you don't have to wash them. it just makes me ponder.]
- I only need one pair of pants, right? [i. would. die.]
- I only need one pair of shoes, right? [see above]
- I think I need a red shirt. Yeah, a red v-neck t-shirt. *smiles contentedly* [I'm still trying to figure out the significance of this one.]
- My plane ticket is around $700. But the Euro Pass is $800. I must have. [ok so this one actually makes some sort of weird sense. But please don't get me started on the whole search & find process for said Euro Pass]
and so on. it's gotten to the point that i brace myself each day as i head home for the next "big thing" for his trip. i wonder if today will be WHAT SIZE BAGGIES DO I NEED TO BRING DAY? and such.
in reality, it's quite adorable how excited he is. and also? it's pretty awesome that he is going to see paris, bruges, switzerland and who knows how many other locations in his 2-week adventure. because part of the fun is having the Euro Pass so he and Eddie can Go Anywhere, and make the train their home. There's all sorts of other Weird & Crazy things going into this trip, but don't get me started on the COUCH SURFING experiment. I mean, like whoa.
Stay tuned for What Kind of Deodorant Aaron is Going to Pack... (i kid, honey.) smooches!